Untitled Document
» Français
Contact us
Douglas history
Open minds profles
Books of the 125th
Untitled Document

The Founders


The Patients

The Staff

The Services

The Research

The volunteering


The founders

Sketch that inspired the construction of our Hospital. (1880) Assistant superintendent’s office. (1904)
This 1909 photo shows Medical Superintendent T.J.W. Burgess, MD, working in his office in the Main Building (Perry Pavilion). He, his wife, and his children, lived on the third floor.  
Top of page
Untitled Document

All rights reserved © Douglas University Institute in mental health, 2009 | Disclaimer
Affiliated with McGill University. A WHO/PAHO Collaborating Centre for Research and Training in Mental Health